Posted to rec.food.cooking
Giusi[_2_] Giusi[_2_] is offline

Default What Do You Put in Your Pantry?

"Damsel in dis Dress" scritto nel messaggio
> We're moving to an old, old house that has a big, walk-in pantry. I> was
> just going to keep food in there, but we'll never accumulate that
> much food in a lifetime!
>
> I put some cookbooks on one of the shelves, and they look quite
> content there. Thinking of storing some of our less-used appliances
> in there, too. There's still a ton of space available.
>
> What do you put in your pantry, if you have one?

Besides all my collection of hard to find foods and normal jam, canned goods
and collection of wraps and bags, I keep big serving things I don't use that
often. I don't have a pantry anymore, but when I did (how I miss it) I was
able to collect cool things for parties and special meals. Also the Whirly
Pop, and other oversized things. On the floor under the shelves I had a
series of big sealable tins with enormous buys of rice, flours, seeds and
beans.