Posted to rec.food.cooking
ladysailor ladysailor is offline

Default What Do You Put in Your Pantry?

On Dec 19, 8:56 am, Damsel in dis Dress
> wrote:

> What do you put in your pantry, if you have one?

Ohhhh.. A Pantry! Only in my dreams. On the boat we have lots of
little cubbies for our supplies.

We have four little lockers behind the back rest pillows of the
starboard settee. One has cans and jars, one has dried goods like
pasta, rice, flour and sugar and one has box mixes. The last one is
where we keep tools that we use most often.

In the galley we have three more cubbies one for juice and milk boxes,
one for foil, saran wrap, baggies and such and the cubbie behind the
stove has all our different oils, vinegar, soy sauce, honey and stuff
like that. Spices are in a basket on a shelf under the companionway
ladder.

Oh, and crackers, cookies and snacks are in a hammock in the vberth.

Some cruisers keep a computerized inventory of where everything is.
We just use the hunt and peck method.

Have fun filling up your new pantry.

Barb
s/y Arabella