Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Sheldon is offline

Default What Do You Put in Your Pantry?

"steve" wrote:
> "PeterL" wrote
> > I may put things back in the wrong place, but I have a mental catalogue
> > in my brain that knows where everything is :-)

> Translation:
> My brain is better than yours.

Probably true, in certain areas some folks know exactly what items
they have, exactly how much, and exactly where... I have all my food
items and all my tools cataloged in my head with exquisite accuracy...
but don't ask me how much money I have or where, I can only say "near
abouts", plus or minus a few mil, and I can't always recall all my
accounts and cash caches on the spur of the moment. Well, I've never
in my life reconsiled a checking account, I've never added in the
interest on my registers... so long as the statement balances are way
more than my register balances and the IRS doesn't audit me for not
reporting the correct interest I figure all is right. But if anyone
gloms even one tin of beans from my cupboard or even moves it out of
position I'll know. And Bob Villa couldn't track tool inventory
better than me.