Posted to rec.food.equipment
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Linen and No More things

"Dee Randall" wrote in message

> "Bertie Doe" wrote in message
>>
>> Agreed, if I made baguettes, I would fork out for the more commercial KA
>> fabric, that Dee mentioned. Next time we do a city shop, I'll get a
>> couple of square yards of the heavier duty cotton. In thickness,
>> somewhere between a kitchen towel and say denim.
>>

> I've seen linen of different weights in one of the biggest fabric shops
> here in the VA/Washington area; certainly not in the
> every-day/ordinary/chain fabric shops (although the large one I'm
> speaking of may also be considered a chain.) They have fabrics from all
> over the world, even a big section with designers to make wedding
> dresses - it's awesome! I used to go there when I quilted, as they had
> one part sectioned off just for a large amount of quilting fabrics.
> Hopefully you will have a nice big store to select your linen from.

No the one in the City of Plymouth is 25feet x 25feet and inside a covered
market. Although small, they have quite a range. Most of their material is
on rolls, with very little 'made-up'.

> Do you have some old-used linen kitchen towels? I inherited a few and
> they are nice, too, but inadequate for my long baguettes.
> Dee Dee

When ours get old, they tend to self-destruct in the washing machine or
tumble drier. I could buy new of course, but I was looking for something a
tad thicker.