Posted to rec.food.equipment
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Linen and No More things

Hi Dee, JT and Wayne.

I wonder if I can pick your collective on things linen. I've just received a
couple of bread books from Amazon used re-sellers. The chef/authors suggest
using linen for proofing sourdough, although you can use cling.

The local village 'linen' shoppe, has loadsa brightly coloured table
napkins, tea towels etc, kinda boutique-style, with prices to match. There
are a couple of linen shops in the big city, but what should I be asking
for? I guess most will suggest 'non-dyed heavy duty linen'. I'd be surprised
if non-dyed is available, but the question is, does this matter, if you're
baking at 400F/200C?

Bertie