Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default Suggestions

Giusi > wrote:

>I eat out I very often don't order what one thinks of as
>a main dish, liking instead to have several appetisers or appetisers and a
>vegetable, but when I invite people I have a hard time doing that. I just
>don't. If we ate just what we need we'd all be much juicier.

I like to not over-order when I eat out, but sometimes I feel
pressured to do so.

My dining partner and I were discussing (but never acutally did)
dinner at a well-thought-of Italian restaurant in London, the
River Cafe. It is a fairly expensive place. I was offering the
opinion that it'd be okay to order an appetizer and pasta each,
along with wine and sharing a dessert -- no secondi. Is that
inappropriate under-ordering? I'm really not sure what the
thinking is on that.

Steve