butch burton

Default lookin for best Brats

Robert > wrote in message . 192.32>...
> nexus > wrote in news:2004012921080475249%nexus6@maccom:
>
> > https://store.johnsonville.com/

> Yes and No!
>
> I live in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. Graduated for College at UW-EC with one of
> the Heiresses to the Johnsonville Brat's Grand-daughters. Damn she was
> Cute! And a millionaire in the waiting....
>
> Are The Brats good?
>
> Yes and No!
>
> Yes as far as STORE baught Brats. Klements also makes Brats, which are much
> better and considerably LESS greasy. When compairing Brats, Polish
> Sausage, Kielbasa, etc...You should look at how Greasy they are. In My
> opinion Klements makes the best "store bought" foods. But you really
> should try to make your own....It's Time Consuming but not that
> difficult, and the results will be much better!

As a unplanned test, heated 2 Klements brats in microwave covered
baking dish and then did 2 Johnsonville brats-the jville brats had
much more grease and water! Klements are very good and also Usinger's
I think are even better. A local Italian deli in Kenosha by the name
of Tenuta's makes their own sausage and sausage links-simply superb.
It is the only "bulk" sausage I can stomach. The stuff you buy in the
supermarkets in those tubular packages are all fat. Used to work as a
butcher-paid way thru highschool and college and made special sausage
for ourselves and the bosses. The customers sausage was loaded with
fat.

Check around for any ethnic butcher shops-had a polish butcher in
Mpls, Khmarchuck's (sp?) sausage to die for. Had breakfast this
morning with a Pole and a Russian-told them about the sausage in
Khmarchuck's and the Pole knew the stuff, even the name and the
Russian gal said yes they had the same in Russia.