Posted to rec.food.equipment
Chemiker Chemiker is offline

Default Reseasoning cast iron

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 23:26:29 -0500, "Ed Pawlowski" >
wrote:

>"pltrgyst" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 21:26:01 -0500, Moka Java >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Pre-seasoned Lodge cast iron is available at bargain prices on Amazon....

>> Does anyone like this stuff? Plus they don't seem to make anything with a
>> smooth
>> bottom anymore, so their current products are worthless for glass cooktops
>> and
>> induction hobs.

>Wagnerware is available again. Do a Google search to find it. IMO, it is a
>much better finish.

Beware cast iron bearing the Heuck Classic brand on the bottom.
Chinese made, I think, and QC is spotty. Bottoms may not be level,
which is a constant annoyance even on a gas stove. Test for flat
bottom at the store. If it's OK and doesn't rock and roll, the price
is usually OK, too.

Alex