Posted to alt.food.wine
JT JT is offline

Default Northern and Southern Rhones in Midtown

1995 Beaucastel Chateauneuf-du-Pape
Showing fairly young, big dark fruits, light tannins. ok acidity. Good
length, depth, develops in glass a lot. I enjoy this and think it has
a long future. A-

What is it with Rhones, we all seem to be tasting them at the moment.

BTW, big article about brett in latest Decanter.
Best quote from Pellett, at Pepper Bridge in Walla Walla Washington/
"Brett is something I do not mind in other peoples wine,I just don't want it
in mine"

see my note from last year
1995, amazing depth,, sweetshop, leather and pepper, mouthful of fruit,
alcohol,tannins, not come together, rather austere. Undecided as to the
future.

I could not decide whether it was a long liver, so jury out at moment

JT