Posted to rec.food.equipment
pltrgyst[_1_] pltrgyst[_1_] is offline

Default Reseasoning cast iron

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 11:19:46 -0600, Sky > wrote:

>> Easy off oven cleaner and sunlight. That'll de-season any pan. <g>

>OH, I really, really like this idea! That's definitely a lot easier
>than a lot of 'elbow grease.' Thanks ever so much for the suggestion to
>use EasyOff...

Be careful with the EasyOff, even using a sealed bag. And afterward, you'll
still have to run it through a self-cleaning cycle, or scrub and soap it like
crazy, to get rid of the vestiges of chemicals on [and in] the inside of your
[now porous] pan.

If I had access to a self-cleaning oven, I wouldn't even think of using the
EasyOff method. YMMV, of course.

-- Larry