Posted to rec.food.cooking
George Shirley George Shirley is offline

Default Less posters on group

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article > ,
> "Michael \"Dog3\"" > wrote:
>> I lurk in RFP and the number of posts over there has drastically decreased.
>> <shrug> I don't know why. Busy time of year I suppose.
>> Michael

> On the contrary, it's a not-busy time of the year. Most the posters on
> rec.food.preserving are north americans and for most north americans
> (George Shirley notwithstanding) the harvesting/food preserving season
> is past. The low number of posts is nothing new for this time of the
> year.

Alas and alack, it's over for us too. Picked the last of the cherry
tomatoes and sweet chiles today, along with a couple of eggplant. Looks
like we're expecting a hard freeze in the next couple of days.

Good news is that a friend killed an Axis deer over in Texas the other
day and we're going to turn the little feller into sausage tomorrow or
Thursday. Link sausage, 90% venison, 10% pork, then smoked. Should be good.