Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default Anybody know a good homemade Nacho Recipe

In article >,
Rocky > wrote:

> Im looking for a recipe on how to make Nachos
>
> like what kind of chess and chips to use and how to prepare it

Mom, sis and I used to watch 6 hours of "Dr. Who" every Sunday when we
lived in Colorado. Mom always made a big dish of Nachos to munch while
we watched it.

It's an wonderful memory. :-)

Here is how she did it:

In the bottom of a medium sized glass baking dish (10"x12") dump one can
of refried beans. Flatten it well. Chop a couple of tomatoes and layer
it over that. Place corn tortilla chips liberally over that layer, then
top with lots and lots of shredded cheddar cheese.

Place in the microwave and nuke until all the cheese is well melted.

Top that with alternating stripes of Guacamole and sour cream.

Dip the chips as you pull them out deeply into the beans as you eat
them.

Have extra chips on hand for the leftover cheese and beans.
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama