Posted to rec.food.equipment
Matthew L. Martin Matthew L. Martin is offline

Default using the 'clean' feature for an oven

Roughrider50 wrote:
>> I do remove the racks, as I like keeping them shiny, although I put the
>> baking stone in the bottom of the oven (it has a concealed bottom coil).
>> Occasionally I put the cast iron grids from the gas grill in for a good
>> cleaning.
>>

> I too have a range with a concealed coil in the bottom. Kind of a
> neat feature especially for cleanup. Last night I tried my first
> cleanup after making a mess in the bottom. I wiped up what I could
> prior to cleaning, and being as it was just that one spot set it for
> the two hour clean. When I was done I wiped up what was left of the
> ash in the bottom, and noticed a dull finish to the bottom of the
> interior. This morning I took a scrubber with some warm dawn and
> tried to remove the greasy film. No luck it's still there. It
> doesn't seem to bother anything it's just crappy looking. Any
> suggestions on how to remove it?

I have no recommendation on how to remove it. I do recommend that you
ignore it.

Matthew (I have several unpolished copper pans)

--
"All you need to start an asylum is an empty room and the right kind of
people". Alexander Bullock ("My Man Godfrey" 1936):