Howard R. Bricker

Default SUMMARY: Binaries on Alt.Food.Barbecue - objection is strong.

"MikeT" > wrote in

> I have read all the replies to date.
> A resounding feeling of no binaries to this group has been sent and
> heard. Also provided were suggestions of where to get the old posts to
> ABF. (change news providers came up a few times as did a site which is
> archiving posted binaries.)
>

> The wording that I used caused confusion as to respondents intent.
> Fortunately many of you also saw fit to clearly add to the response.
> This is something not easily done in most voting situations.
>

> The question asked if there was objection.
>
> Answering "NO" would mean that they had no objection. - binaries can
> go here. Answering "YES" would mean that they do have objection. - No
> binaries allowed.
>

> Most folks quickly responded "NO" meaning that they had no objection.
> However, they then proceeded to object in no uncertain terms.
>
> Others properly answered in the affirmative, YES, they object.
>
> A few did not give a selection (which in this case would have been a
> "NO" response, indicating that they would accept binaries) However,
> they, too, made points that would seem that they object to binaries in
> this group.
>
> Actual Results are a mess.
> I clearly see how the presidential election became so F-ed up.
> Many of the "ballots" contain contradictory responses and would have
> been declared invalid.
>
> -miket

Mike, most people here understand that there are two types of
newsgroups. There are discussion groups like this one and then
there are binary groups for the posting of executables and
pictures. This is not citizens band for all that it may seem
to be. Despite the level of contamination that does exist in the
altl* hierarchy, there is strong resistance to actually destroying
it. Which is what would probably happen if the contamination
was allowed to cross the structure lines.

M&M Man