Thomas Mooney

Default Just say "no" to binaries on afb

Howard R. Bricker > wrote in message
2.204...
> "Thomas Mooney" wrote
>
> <snip>
>
> > Perhaps the news server one attaches to can (but doesn't necessarily)
> > exercise some control.

> <snip some more>
>
> You have that right Thomas.

I'm sorry, Brick, I'm missing your point. I have _what_ right?

TFM® was seeming to imply that he could try to send a binary to afb, but
that it wouldn't arrive. All I was saying was that there must be _some_
news servers that allow binaries onto afb. Otherwise, how would we get all
of the .scr and .exe files posted on this group that purport to be one thing
(nude pictures, system updates) but are actually something else (viruses).

I've never tried to post a binary anywhere. So I don't know _what_ my news
server would allow.

P.S. Ain't lookin' to pick a fight. While I'm all hopped up on "gently
sparkling" fruit drink, I just don't understand what you think I said.

--
TFM3

Note: Spam-resistant e-mail address