Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Steak Tasting - Hey Mark

Dick R. wrote:

> Hi Mark and all,
> To make a short story long, I remember riding my bicycle down to the local
> record shop in the very early 50s. When there weren't any adults around,
> the proprietor would play some Tom Lehrer records. I still have a Tom
> Lehrer 45 extended play album issued in the early 50s. Ah, memories. :-)

Cool story, Dick. He came to my parents' attention when played some
shows at the Hungry I in SF in the late '50s, so we had all his albums
on vinyl when I was growing up. I still have those 3 LPs on vinyl and
am slowly transferring them to MP3s using a USB turntable that I got for
Xmas. As a chemist married in the Catholic church, "The Elements" and
"The Vatican Rag" are two of my all-time favorites, though there are
just too many good songs to choose from.

Mark Lipton