Posted to alt.food.wine
cwdjrxyz cwdjrxyz is offline

Default Steak Tasting

On Nov 17, 4:28*pm, DaleW > wrote:
> On Nov 17, 4:27*pm, cwdjrxyz > wrote:
>

> > Of course meat, especially beef, can vary from animal to animal and
> > one may get somewhat different quality from different purchases from
> > the same company.

> True of many artisanal products. The great thing is that even the
> varied ranges of food from Bryans, Lobels, Artisanal Cheese,
> D'Artagnan, Murray's Cheese, etc are always in my preferable to those
> places that guarantee uniformity through industrialization,.
>

> > I went to the website you gave for Bryan's, but it turned me off
> > because it did not show what they had and prices and only wanted *you
> > to send them your email address. They need a decent website with good
> > illustrations for all *products sold, prices, and secure online
> > ordering with payment via popular credit/debit card. Why make a
> > possible new customer jump through hoops to be able to buy from them?

> I think if you go to the website, where it says enter your email it
> notes "* this field is optional, not required ", just click enter and
> I think you go right in. Shows you the prices on various steaks (they
> also do lamb and I think some seafood, but I haven't ordered).
> For what's it is worth, I have been on Bryan's list for about 2 years,
> I think I've gotten 3 emails that weren't directly order related.

Thanks. I viewed the site without having to email them.

I found another source of beef that may make all of the sites we
mentioned seem on the supermarket level by comparison. See
https://www.adirectfoods.com/shop/all_items . This company ships true
imported Japanese Wagyu beef from Japan. But you will pay over $US 200
per pound for top cuts of their meat. The pictures on the site are
well worth viewing and show why some call this "white steak" because
of the extreme amount of marbling in the meat. It likely is nearly as
rich as foie gras, so even a 4 oz serving would be adequate for many
people. I have had domestic Wagyu, but not the true Japanese import. I
don't think anyone I know is likely to give me some of this as a
Christmas gift no matter how much I hint.