Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Steak Tasting

Bill S. wrote:

Interesting notes about the beef, Bill. In my experience, the
attraction of dry-aged beef is a more gamey note to the taste. Was this
at all in evidence?

> 1997 Ch. St. Cosme Gigondas – I wanted to pull a cork on this one
> because we’d had the 1998 at the Friday lunch and enjoyed it very
> much. This was a clone of the 1998, with dark colour, ravishing Rhone
> nose, not too hat, with good fruit and good acidity.

I am actually quite surprised that this wine showed as well as it did.
'97 was not an easy year in the S. Rhone, mostly producing fairly weak
and dilute wines. For this wine to have shone so well at age 11 is a
testament to the winery's skill.

Nice notes!
Mark Lipton