Posted to rec.food.cooking
bulka[_2_] bulka[_2_] is offline

Default You own a pod coffee machine?

On Nov 13, 1:22 am, FERRANTE > wrote:
> I like to drink coffee after dinner and sometimes during the day
> (after breakfast a.m. coffee) and was thinking of getting a pod
> machine. With so many out there, picking a good one is quite a
> challenge. Anyone have one and if so, your thoughts?
>
> I am thinking of getting a Nespresso. I just bought the milk frother
> tonight, new, off Ebay. Both the frother and the machine are both on
> this page.
>
> http://www.singleservecoffee.com/arc..._nespresso.php
>
> Here is the milk frother in action:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2Gba...eature=related
>
> Here is the machine I am thinking of getting ($249), but the guy
> screws it up at the end by what he does. I am sure you will agree!
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxOK2...eature=related
>
> I want something easy that makes good coffee drinks (cappuccino,
> lattes, etc) but I don't want the expense or hassle of an expensive
> espresso machine or any of that. Just something quick, easy, and good
> to the last drop!
>
> Btw, you cannot post basic questions like this in alt.coffee. There,
> if you are not an espresso lover with all the expensive gadgets, you
> are not welcome there. And they make that clear very quickly.
>
> Mark

This is my problem with this, from the site:

"It's also good to note you can only use Nespresso coffee capsules
with the Nespresso C100T Essenza. This is by design, and you'll also
need to sign up for the Nespresso club to do you ordering or stop by a
Nespresso boutique to get some new ones."

So, you buy the expensive machine and instead of buying coffee
anywhere, you join their club, buy at thier price.

Then, what happens when the upgrade is not compatable with your
existing opporating system, your razor with disposable heads is last
years model, no-one makes Beta videotapes?

Landfill the whole thing and write another check to start again?

People have been drinking coffee in various forms for a very long
time. You don't need this.