Posted to rec.food.cooking
Michel Boucher[_3_] Michel Boucher[_3_] is offline

Default Unappetizing food language in North American English

"Nancy Young" > wrote in news:zaWSk.39611$AS2.34770
@newsfe20.ams2:

> Michel Boucher wrote:
>> "James Silverton" > wrote
>>>
>>> As an unapologetic American immigrant, I find the term "USAian",
>>> unappetizing, difficult to pronounce and a clumsy coinage.

>> Good thing it's not the topic then. Start your own thread. And just
>> so you know, it was coined by a USAian university professor back
>> around the late 1980's.

> (laugh) All of a sudden Michel is enamored of a word
> invented by an American.

Enamored is a strong word. I find it appropriately descriptive and in fact
have used it since roundabout 1988, so it's nothing new, although it may be
to you :-)

I will sometimes also use the term "Murrikun" which I believe is also
monnaie courante in your country.

--

Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest
of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest