Posted to rec.food.cooking
Michel Boucher[_3_] Michel Boucher[_3_] is offline

Default Unappetizing food language in North American English

"James Silverton" > wrote in news:q4WSk.261
:

>> Chee, did I say this was about a single country? I think I was
>> quite clear that it wasn't. And how can you know it predates
>> the creation of the US? Again with the thin skin...or is this
>> your subtle way of saying that as a USAian, you are blissfully

> As an unapologetic American immigrant, I find the term "USAian",
> unappetizing, difficult to pronounce and a clumsy coinage.

Good thing it's not the topic then. Start your own thread. And just so
you know, it was coined by a USAian university professor back around the
late 1980's.

--

Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest
of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest