Posted to rec.food.cooking
Michel Boucher[_3_] Michel Boucher[_3_] is offline

Default Unappetizing food language in North American English

Dave Smith > wrote in news:491b2d58$0$5527
:

> The French and
> Germans were right about that, and the continuing violence in Iraq are
> clear indications that they were right about the chaos that would....
> did.. result.

Not just them. I sent out a clear warning right here on rfc, on 07 March
2003 (thirteen days before Bush lost his mind), when I responded to Pan
Ohco in the following terms:

"Has it occurred to you that this whole thing might just be totally wrong-
headed? Starting a war in the Gulf right now is like taking a baseball bat
to a hornet's nest."

Could I have been clearer? No. Did I do my bit for world peace? Yes, and
yet they didn't listen. Oh well...it turned out I was correct also.

And oddly enough it was in response to a French-bashing thread then too.

Plus çà change, plus c'est la même chose.

--

Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest
of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest