Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Unappetizing food language in North American English

Randy Johnson wrote:

>>> I find North American English,

>> So tell us where you from and im sure we can find equally disturbing
>> usage of language in whatever place of origin you claim.
>> Given the nature of your complaint i would guess you are "English" and
>> thus subject to all the criticism that goes with a country that sustain
>> class distinctions based on the spoken word.

> Let's not alienate the British, they are among our last remaining friends in
> the world. Let's stick together and continue to show our disdain for the
> deserving - the French. Besides, we may need each other's support the next
> time the German's think they should rule the world.

Cripes. I would have thought that the recent Obama victory and the
realization that Bush screwed the American people by starting a war on
the basis of a pack of lies that people would have clued in. Bush was
****ed at the French and the Germans because they would not back his
plans to invade Iraq. He tried to blame them for Saddam having nuclear
arms and biological and chemical program with their help, though they
had more American support for them than from the French or Germans. The
French and Germans were not convinced that Saddam still had those
programs or that they had stores of WMDs, and said that invading Iraq
would lead to chaos.

As it turned out, Iraq had no more nuclear, biological or chemical arms
programs. Nor did it have those WMDs that Bush claimed. The French and
Germans were right about that, and the continuing violence in Iraq are
clear indications that they were right about the chaos that would....
did.. result.