Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gloria P Gloria P is offline

Default Name this sweet? Got recipe?

Janet Bostwick wrote:
> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> In article > ,
>> "Janet Bostwick" > wrote:
>>
>>> Would you see if you can find it for me when you have time? I was
>>> only able to find brownies with caramel sauce. I appreciate your
>>> help.
>>> Janet

>> Look for something called Turtle Bars. Common to church cookbooks.
>> --
>> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ

> I couldn't find the brownies as described by Gloria Default User provided
> such a recipe. Thanks
> Janet

That's because Gloria had a Senior Moment and wrongly remembered the
recipe Brian posted as being made with brownie mix instead of cake mix.
I don't see any reason you couldn't make it with either as long as you
had the right ingredients for the caramel part. Ialways mare it with a
Devil's food or fudge cake mix rather than German Chocolate because I
always associated the latter (wrongly, I guess) with coconut. (Eeeuw.)

This used to be a big hit at meetings as was the cream-cheese swirl
brownie recipe.

gloria p