Posted to rec.food.cooking
Default User Default User is offline

Default Name this sweet? Got recipe?

Janet Bostwick wrote:

> Gloria P wrote:

> > Are you talking about the caramel swirl brownie recipe?
> > It is made with either scratch or boxed brownie mix
> > and melted caramels with the addition of either butter
> > or egg (can't remember which.) It's delicious.
> >
> > I can probably find the recipe with a not-so-quick
> > search and would be glad to if you're not in a hurry.
> >
> > gloria p

> Would you see if you can find it for me when you have time? I was
> only able to find brownies with caramel sauce. I appreciate your
> help. Janet

This is the one I've always seen. I've made it, but with fudge
chocolate cake mix rather than German.

1 (14 oz.) pkg. caramels
2/3 c. evaporated milk
1 box (18 1/2 oz.) German chocolate cake mix
3/4 c. softened butter
1 c. chopped walnuts or pecans
12 oz. semisweet chocolate pieces

Combine caramels and 1/3 cup evaporated milk in a deep mixing bowl.
Microwave on medium high for 3 minutes. Combine cake mix, remaining
milk and softened butter. Blend until mixture holds together, stir in
nuts. Press one half of cake mixture in a greased 9 x 13 pan and bake 6
minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate pieces
on top. Pour melted caramels evenly over chocolate pieces. Crumble
remaining cake mix over caramel and bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20
minutes. Cool slightly and cut into bars. Serve.

<http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1810,159172-229207,00.html>

Brian

won't shut up.