Wayne

Default Fourth of July Food

Michael Odom > wrote in
:

> Subject: Fourth of July Food
> From: Michael Odom >
> Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
>
> On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 13:21:10 GMT, Tara > wrote:
>
>>What did everyone eat? We had:
>>
>>Grilled cheeseburgers
>>Potato salad
>>Baked beans
>>Coleslaw
>>Watermelon (Some old man at the grocery store rejected the watermelon
>>I had put in my cart and thumped a bunch of watermelons until he found
>>this one, which he pronounced good.)
>>Homemade ice cream. (Next time, I think the recipe needs a pinch of
>>salt.)
>>
>>Later, at the Fourth of July celebration, I ate a deep-fried Snickers
>>bar.
>>

> We had:
>
> Grilled grass-fed beef club steaks which I'd rubbed with lemon zest
> and cracked peppercorns (black, pink, green, and white).
>
> Grilled okra pods seasoned with soy sauce and lime juice.

I have to try okra cooked this way!

> A salad of sliced cucumber and cherry tomatoes dressed with rice
> vinegar, black pepper and minced fresh basil.
>
> I had some fresh cherries for dessert, but D stayed away from them.
>

> modom

We had two menus, one for those who eat pork and one for those who
don't...

barbequed spareribs, rubbed and mopped
potato salad
coleslaw

grilled filets (by request), also with cracked mixed peppercorns
rosin-cooked potatoes
thick slices of beefsteak tomatoes

grilled corn on the cob for both

desserts were sour cream raisin pie and lime cake with whipped cream

--
Wayne in Phoenix

If there's a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it.