Michael Odom

Default Fourth of July Food

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 13:21:10 GMT, Tara > wrote:

>What did everyone eat? We had:
>
>Grilled cheeseburgers
>Potato salad
>Baked beans
>Coleslaw
>Watermelon (Some old man at the grocery store rejected the watermelon
>I had put in my cart and thumped a bunch of watermelons until he found
>this one, which he pronounced good.)
>Homemade ice cream. (Next time, I think the recipe needs a pinch of
>salt.)
>
>Later, at the Fourth of July celebration, I ate a deep-fried Snickers
>bar.

We had:

Grilled grass-fed beef club steaks which I'd rubbed with lemon zest
and cracked peppercorns (black, pink, green, and white).

Grilled okra pods seasoned with soy sauce and lime juice.

A salad of sliced cucumber and cherry tomatoes dressed with rice
vinegar, black pepper and minced fresh basil.

I had some fresh cherries for dessert, but D stayed away from them.

modom

"If you have a racist friend,
Now is the time, now is the time
For your friendship to end."