Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default Millet

"Nicky" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 23:00:19 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>I was reading that some people get sick from eating it and that it might
>>not
>>be so good for diabetics because it is so high in carbs.

> I wouldn't touch it from the carb POV. Also, hulling it is a real
> PITA, and has to be done properly or it's poisonous - but I'm assuming
> the manufacturer's done that bit!
> http://www.vegancoach.com/how-to-prepare-millet.html

I wondered about the hulling. The recipes all say to hull it.

I have found it since and it looks like it has about 20 g of carb per half
cup. Not too bad I guess if you mix it with other stuff like vegetables. I
just wonder if it's worth it to bother cooking it. I'd hate to make it and
find out we all hate it.