Posted to rec.food.cooking
Victor Sack[_1_] Victor Sack[_1_] is offline

Default Goats & rabbits [Was: TIMES: Barack Obama's Kenyan family celebrate by slaughtering bulls, chicken and goats]

Phred > wrote:

> ObFood: Also heard on the news recently that Australians are eating
> more and more goat meat as times get harder. Most of it used to be
> exported and was difficult to find locally. Must check it out again.
>
> And frozen rabbits are making an appearance in our supermarkets here
> in the deep north of the deep south too -- rabbit is a traditional
> food of the Depression era here in Oz. (But fresh, not frozen. And
> free for the catching back then.

Fresh rabbits are available any day of the week here; kid appears only
occasionally in regular groceries but can always be ordered at the
market. Goat milk is always available. All kinds of goat and kid meat
(offal including) and milk products can be obtain at a goat farm just
east of Cologne, about 60 km from here.

Victor