Posted to rec.food.cooking,aus.food
Jeßus[_7_] Jeßus[_7_] is offline

Default Goats & rabbits [Was: TIMES: Barack Obama's Kenyan familycelebrate by slaughtering bulls, chicken and goats]

On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 15:39:17 +0000, Phred wrote:

<snip>
> And frozen rabbits are making an appearance in our supermarkets here in
> the deep north of the deep south too -- rabbit is a traditional food of
> the Depression era here in Oz. (But fresh, not frozen. And free for
> the catching back then.

And still is free for the catching.
Bunny has become one of my favourite meats now, no shortage of them here
(rural NE Tas). In fact I rarely even need to leave the property for if
only after a couple of rabbits at a time.