Posted to rec.food.cooking,aus.food
Phred Phred is offline

Default Goats & rabbits [Was: TIMES: Barack Obama's Kenyan family celebrate by slaughtering bulls, chicken and goats]

In article >, tg > wrote:
>From The Times
>November 5, 2008
>
>Barack Obama's Kenyan family celebrate by slaughtering bulls, chicken
>and goats

According to the local ABC (Oz version) radio news this evening, the
Kenyan Govt has declared a national holiday on Thursday (hmm... that's
now *today* my time, YMMV :-) to celebrate.

I *assume* it will be a once-off and not an annual event there!

ObFood: Also heard on the news recently that Australians are eating
more and more goat meat as times get harder. Most of it used to be
exported and was difficult to find locally. Must check it out again.

And frozen rabbits are making an appearance in our supermarkets here
in the deep north of the deep south too -- rabbit is a traditional
food of the Depression era here in Oz. (But fresh, not frozen. And
free for the catching back then.

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID