Posted to rec.food.cooking
Shiral[_2_] Shiral[_2_] is offline

Default Election Night Meal

On Nov 1, 3:49*pm, Christine Dabney > wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 15:39:01 -0700, sf > wrote:
>
> >Are you inviting anyone over to watch the returns? *What are you
> >planning for dinner? *Will it be labor intensive so you're not really
> >paying attention, or will you throw something easy in the oven so you
> >can concentrate on the pundit commentaries?

> Not sure yet. *Maybe pizza, athough I am trying to keep an eye on what
> I eat lately....
>
> Whatever it will be, will be not too labor intensive, as I am an
> election addict. *I keep glued to the TV and results coming in, til
> the bitter end. * I still remember staying up to watch the results
> coming in from CA, back in the 68 election. *Same for the past two
> elections. *Hopefully I will not have a reason to drown my sorrows
> this year...
>
> I did get a bottle of Prosseco, just in case I can celebrate. *
>
> What are you fixing?
>
> Christine, who has already voted.

I'm with you, Christine. =o) I'll be at my Dad's for dinner that
night (and lord knows WHAT he'll serve. I don't go for the food. He
does have a much better TV than I do, though.) But I've bought some
brie and pate and have a recording of Beethoven's ninth so I can
celebrate like a proper Liberal Elitist. If what I hope happens
happens, I'll be celebrating for several days.

I voted yesteray and was glad I did it early and early in the day. By
the time I left the Registrar of Voters for my county, the line was
already much longer than it had been when I arrived.

Melissa