Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default Mashed Cauliflower

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Nicky > wrote:
> : On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 10:16:37 -0400, "Willy" > wrote:
>
> : >But I would like for it to be a tad thicker in consistency. Anyone
> found a
> : >way to accomplish this?
>
> : You've got to let it drain really, really thoroughly - maybe even
> : pressing it to get the last of the liquid out.
>
> : Whilst you're experimenting, mashed turnips or celeriac done the same
> : way are pretty good too : )
>
> : Nicky.
>
> When yu say turnips, do yu mean the whie ones with the purple bottomw or
> the huge yellow ones also called swedes or rutabegas? I like the white
> ones but can't stand the yellow ones. I use the white ones in my stews in
> place of pottoes. I one sitting in the oven right now keeping warm untl
> spper. Beef, laarge chenked catrrots, celery, green or red pepper,
> chunked tpeele white turnips, onions, grlic, large can of tomatoes, good
> sized glug of left-over red wine, s and FGBP, 6-10 whole cloves, this
> time two long salks of rosmary removed from stem. I would have put in
> some bay leaves, but I couldn't find them.

I thought turnips and rutabagas were two different things?

I like both of them raw, in limited amounts but not cooked at all. I
remember once taking a huge amount of what appeared to be mashed potatoes.
My mom chuckled with a rather evil laugh as she told me she didn't think I
wanted to do that. Imagine my shock and horror when I discovered they were
not potatoes but rutabagas. Blech!