Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Willy Willy is offline

Default Mashed Cauliflower

Here's something we've been doing and although they're still not as "thick"
as I would like, the taste, at least to my palette, is wonderful.

One package frozen cauliflower or 1/2 head, cooked to soft.
Place in food processor and spin until pureed.

Add 1/2 pack (or whole pack if you made the whole head) of cream cheese.
Add generous pat of real butter, salt and pepper.
Spin again, possibly adding some full cream.

This makes an incredible substitute for mashed potatoes, and is almost void
of carbs. Personally I like it better than mashed potatoes, something I
haven't had in many months.

But I would like for it to be a tad thicker in consistency. Anyone found a
way to accomplish this?

Wes