Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] CdR, Bone Jolly, La Rioja Alta

santiago wrote:
> Mark,
>
> Please repit after me: Paella is for lunch, I won't cook paella for dinner.
>
> And then your choice of a Gran Reserva for paella is a bit weird also ;-)
>
> What did you cook the rice with? (fish, meat, vegetables...)

Heh. I thought of you when I composed that post, Santiago, but more for
your dislike of 904 for its VA (I didn't notice anything exceptional
with this bottle BTW). I also realized after I hit send that I didn't
specify what went into the paella. This one had only meat -- chicken
and chorizo, so wasn't too hard to pair with a red wine. My thinking
was that I wanted a fairly light bodied red, which to me is consistent
with a more traditional Rioja. I just don't have too many that aren't
Gran Reserva ;-) Now about "paella is for lunch": since we eat dinner
about 3 hours earlier than you do, we can eat a larger meal, and the
colder weather that we've had recently perversely puts me in mind of a
more meat-centric paella. De gustibus...

Mark Lipton