Old 25-10-2008, 05:19 PM posted to rec.food.baking
Marcella Peek Marcella Peek is offline

Default Need recommendation for food/dough mixer

In article
,
Jane wrote:

I do have a hand mixer but it isn't nearly strong enough for cookie
dough that is firm enough so that you need to use your hands to form
the cookie. Do you think the Cuisinart would be good for that kind of
dough?

I don't know the answer to that.

I use my Black & Decker hand mixer for all kinds of cookie doughs -
peanut butter, gingerbread men, snickerdoodles. I even use it for
cheesecake batters.

I've not ever tried cookie dough in a food processor. I just figured
the motor would spin so much the dough would get tough. I wonder if a
good cookie book would give food processor options? That might give you
an idea.

marcella