Old 25-10-2008, 05:35 AM posted to rec.food.baking
goodbreadbaker goodbreadbaker is offline

Default Need recommendation for food/dough mixer

You can start a bread dough in the food processor. But, you need to
finish kneading by hand. Have to watch the heat buildup, too
otherwise you kill the yeast. Not sure if that is enough help to
you. FIY, most stand mixers have attachments to do a lot of shredding
and slicing. Might be worth looking into.

GBB

a href="http://www.howto-bakebread.com"How To Bake Bread/a blog

On Oct 24, 3:33 pm, Jane wrote:
On Oct 24, 1:39 pm, Merryb wrote:

On Oct 23, 4:59 pm, Jane wrote:

I have an old food processor. I'd like to replace it with something
that not only works as a food processor, but hopefully also as a dough
machine. Specifically for mixing cookie dough, and perhaps bread
dough. I'm at the point in my life where I need to make things as
simple as possible. Trouble is I love to bake. I tend to stick to
simple stuff because I just can't spend too much time on my feet. I'm
thinking a machine that does the mixing for me while I add ingredients
would be a big help.

I don't have much counter space so I want to get something that is as
versatile as possible.

I'd appreciate recommendations.

Thanks

How about a kitchenaid or a viking mixer? When my kitchenaid dies, I
will have to buy another!

Problem is I can't use it as a food processor too. I'm not sure I'm
going to be able to find what I want.

Wish I was an inventor........