Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: JP Brun Morgon

Last night Betsy made pork chops with a vinegar/cornichon/tomato/onion
sauce, with leftover happiness soup and kabocha (squash two ways!).
Not as vinegary as it sounds, a Burgundian recipe, but not something I
wanted to chance a more expensive Burg on. So went south to Beaujolais
for the 2006 JP Brun (Terres Dorees) Morgon. Light tannins, ripe red
cherry and strawberry fruit, moderate acidity. Some light herb notes
with time. A nice wine, though not particularly compelling. Which is
what I'm beginning to think is my reaction to most of the Brun crus. I
think from now on my buying of Brun will concentrate on the white and
the L'Ancien, and I'll use my Cru Beaujolais bucks for Coudert,
Descombes, Desvignes, Vissoux. Still, a perfectly pleasant wine.B