Posted to alt.food.wine
miles miles is offline

Default global warming and wines

Anders Tørneskog wrote:

> Sorry, no, it is the global effect that counts. The models predict warming
> in many areas, cooling in some. Weather patterns will change, precipitation
> increases will mean cooling in areas affected, for instance.

Yep and thats cyclical. It was warmer in the 1930's overall than now.
It it believed to have been warmer about 900-1000 years ago than now.
We no so little. The other issue is regarding why. To me man is
miniscule in effecting much. A single large scale volcanic eruption
puts far more in the air than man can even think about matching.

But back to wine! Napa has seen hot dry years and cold wet years over
the decades. It has survived, some years better than others.