Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel Dan Abel is offline

Default Dry sherry versus "cooking wine (sherry) "

In article >,
Omelet > wrote:

> In article >, "cshenk" >
> wrote:

> > Not sad, may be religion based. Nothing wrong with that.

> Ok, it was just the way she stated it.
>
> Like _everybody_ that drinks any alcohol is a "substance abuser".
> It was kinda holier-than-thou...

Well, it's too bad. "Amanda" seems like a western name, but she isn't
western, and seems to come from a culture where alcohol is not accepted.
She also seemed unfamiliar with a lot of things. I have a lot of
chinese relatives, and some have adopted western names, and some haven't.

So, somebody dumped on her for being ignorant of western cooking. So,
she dumped on him back.

I would suggest that we try to support Amanda, and hopefully she will
get over her anger and be a productive member of rfc.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA