Posted to rec.food.cooking
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Dry sherry versus "cooking wine (sherry) "

"amandaF" wrote

> When I was in 6th grade, my school had a big exhibition about the
> danger of drug (heroin) in the big assembly room. (My school is one of
> a handful of richest school in the country; I didn't realize until
> later that not all schools had the kind of activities my school had).
> There were pictures of drug users that I also found in my cousin's big
> medical book - he's about 11 years older and instead of staying at the
> dorm, would come stay at our house. I remember reading everything on
> the display. That was a good age to learn not to put anything (that
> one knows) that would cause harm the body into one's body. But, I did
> take a puff of a cigarette in my freshman year (college) - we were 17
> and were playing with it.

Charlotte has had the advantage of growing up many of her years in a culture
that is anti-drug and has carried this back with her here. She's also been
exposed to many kids from parents who's cultures didnt allow alcohol (as
well as ones who did).

I had her read this and her comment is: Seems normal to me! I don't want
to try smoking though ever.