Posted to rec.food.cooking
amandaF amandaF is offline

Default Dry sherry versus "cooking wine (sherry) "

On Oct 16, 9:50 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "cshenk" > wrote in message
>
> ...> "Omelet" wrote
>
> >> Amanda, there is no sin in enjoying a good glass of wine. :-)
> >> Not everybody that drinks it "abuses" it.

> >> I'm sorry you are so afraid of a little alcohol that you can't enjoy one
> >> of the greater pleasures in life. That's very sad.

> > Not sad, may be religion based. Nothing wrong with that.

> Jesus. What a strange thing for Om to say. Alcohol is one of the "greater
> pleasures in life?" Now that is very sad.

When I was in 6th grade, my school had a big exhibition about the
danger of drug (heroin) in the big assembly room. (My school is one of
a handful of richest school in the country; I didn't realize until
later that not all schools had the kind of activities my school had).
There were pictures of drug users that I also found in my cousin's big
medical book - he's about 11 years older and instead of staying at the
dorm, would come stay at our house. I remember reading everything on
the display. That was a good age to learn not to put anything (that
one knows) that would cause harm the body into one's body. But, I did
take a puff of a cigarette in my freshman year (college) - we were 17
and were playing with it.