Dave Smith

Default Thanksgiving for temporary curmudgeons

swt wrote:

> > > I do suggest you take a history lesson as Michigan is NOT in

> > Well, duh. It's not IN Canada in the same way that Peurto Rico (a US
> > province) is not IN the US.

> Technically, you're both right. Michigan is in TWO pieces, one in Canada,
> one in the US.

My gawd, all those stereotypes about American's geographical ignorance are
coming to life here. Michigan is a US state. It is in the US. It is dived
into two portions, one being the peninsula between Lakes Huron and Michigan
and the other being the peninsula between Lakes Michigan and Superior/

> P.S. Is it true that our neighbors to the north eat Canadian Goose instead
> of turkey for their Thanksgiving dinners?

Is this the faulty hypothesis test? I never heard that rumour. The traditional
Thanksgiving dinner here is roasted turkey. Probably the only major difference
between Canadian and American Thanksgiving foods is that most of us have never
heard of that bean and mushroom soup dish with dried fried onions on top. It
never appealed to me after having seen my uncle slopping his pigs with
something that looked remarkably like that.

And to one of the follow-ups here.... It's Boxing Day, not Boxer day, and
Boxing Day is nothing like Thanksgiving. It's more of an extended Christmas,
a day off for the hired help. though it seems to have involved into a sale day
at the malls.