Gabby

Default Funeral Food - Part Duh - some suggestions

"A.T. Hagan" > wrote in message
> Unless and until your child gives you some reason to believe they are
> going to have a problem with a particular food I see no reason why one
> should fear giving it to them.

Some foods are just more allergenic than others, which is why even 30 years
ago you were told not to feed egg white to your babies before they were 1;
to start them on rice cereal rather than wheat cereal; etc. They knew then
that the younger they were when you introduced those items, the more likely
they would develop an allergy to them. Today that list has been extended to
include peanuts -- mostly I think because the reaction to peanuts is so
severe. The smell of peanuts on someone's breath can trigger a reaction in
the allergic child.
My daughter, at 24, still has a severe allergy to dairy products (milk on
her skin makes her break out in hives which is how we discovered the
problem), but her reactions, though they have landed her in the ER a couple
of times, are mild compared to that of the kid with the peanut allergy.

Gabby