Posted to alt.slack,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
dh@. dh@. is offline

Default The Small Brains MYTH - How PETA & PCRM Let Us Down...

On Tue, 7 Oct 2008 07:57:51 -0700 (PDT), Toilet Peppermintman > wrote:

>Disgustipated by Tool
>
>And the angel of the lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place
>of slumber. And took me on high, and higher still until we moved to
>the spaces betwixt the air itself. And he brought me into a vast
>farmlands of our own midwest. And as we descended, cries of impending
>doom rose from the soil. One thousand, nay a million voices full of
>fear. And terror possesed me then.
>
>And I begged, "Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?"
>And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the
>cries of the carrots! You see, Reverend Maynard, tomorrow is harvest
>day and to them it is the holocaust." And I sprang from my slumber
>drenched in sweat like the tears of one million terrified brothers and
>roared, "Hear me now, I have seen the light! They have a
>consciousness, they have a life, they have a soul! Damn you! Let the
>rabbits wear glasses! Save our brothers!" Can I get an amen? Can I get
>a hallelujah? Thank you Jesus.
>
>Life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on........
>
>This is necessary.

· Since the animals we raise for food would not be alive
if we didn't raise them for that purpose, it's a distortion of
reality not to take that fact into consideration whenever
we think about the fact that the animals are going to be
killed. The animals are not being cheated out of any part
of their life by being raised for food, but instead they are
experiencing whatever life they get as a result of it. ·