Posted to alt.food.wine
Michael Pronay Michael Pronay is offline

Default Pierre Moncuit Brut, Blanc de Blanc HUgues De Coulmet

"Richard Neidich" > wrote:

>> Producer is Pierre Moncuit, name of the wine is Hugues de
>> Coulmet, and Le Mesnil-sur-Oger is the Grand Cru village in
>> Cote de Blancs where the main part of grapes of Pierre Moncuit
>> come from, and where the winery is located.

> Someone told me this wine gets its fruit in the area adjacent to
> producer of Krug. Any truth?

One Krug wine, "Clos du Mesnil", a Blanc de Blancs (chardonnay
only) comes from Le Mesnil (as Le Mesnil-sur-Oger usually is
shortened). But their standard Brut and their vintage brut
usually are made up from some four or five dozens of crus
(= villages).

M.