Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] ljlamere@acd.net is offline

Default Crock pot recipes

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 09:37:33 -0500, "tvor" > wrote:

>"Jay" > wrote in message
>> Time to share!
>> I use mine to do beef dishes, chicken thigh dishes, corned beef etc.
>> Looking for some other ideas.
>>
>> Nothing too fancy or involved, the beauty (for me) of a crock pot is
>> that you put in on at 7am before work and enjoy it when you come home.
>> My brain is not capable of complex recipes/techniques at 7am!
>>
>> I want to "throw in" the good stuff and reap the rewards 9 hours later.

>Beef brisket or pork shoulder.

Slow Cooker Bunkhouse Beans

1 cup salsa
2/3 cup barbecue sauce
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
5 hot dogs, sliced
3 tablespoons dried minced onion
2 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans, drained
1 (15.5 ounce) can chili beans, drained
1 (15 ounce) can butter beans or lima beans, drained

Dump it all into a slow cooker and cook 'till the hotdogs are done.

Note: I use smoked sausage or kielbasa instead of weenies ( I also fry them 'till
they're black and crunchy on the outside before cutting them up but hey I'm crazy as a
pet coon)

Note2: I always triple the recipe but only increase the brown sugar by 1/3 (1 cup
total)