Posted to rec.food.baking
chiquita chiquita is offline

Default Chocolate-Pumpkin Tart

On Oct 2, 8:17*am, WindyCityPrince > wrote:
> Chocolate-Pumpkin Tarthttp://bakedchicago.typepad.com
>
> Crust:
> 20 chocolate wafer cookies
> 2 tablespoons sugar
> 3 tablespoons butter, melted
> 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
>
> Filling:
> 1 1/2 cups canned pure pumpkin puree
> 1 large egg
> 1/2 cup heavy cream
> 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
> 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
> 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
> 1/4 teaspoon salt
>
> Preheat oven to 350F degrees. *In food processor, pulse cookies and
> sugar until finely ground. *Add butter. *Pulse until crumbs are
> moistened. *Using bottom of dry measuring cup, press crumbs into
> bottom only of 9-inch removable-bottom tart pan. *Place tart pan on
> rimmed baking sheet and bake until set (12 minutes).
>
> Pour chocolate onto warm crust and spread with spatula. *Freeze until
> chocolate is firm (about 5 minutes). *Brush sides of tart pan with
> butter and set aside.
>
> In bowl, whisk together pumpkin, egg, cream, sugar, syrup, spice and
> salt. *Pour filling into prepared crust. *Bake on rimmed baking sheet
> until set (45 to 50 minutes). *Cool 1 hour at room temperature, then
> refrigerate for at least 1 hour (and up to 1 day).
>
> Unmold tart and transfer carefully to platter.

Hey chicago prince... I'm trying to find a recipe for a smaller
version - Tassies... I want to add pumpkin but not sure if the baking
time is too long for the tassies.
I have a Pecan Tassie recipe from Pampered Chef... this is a great
recipe, but want pumpkin something. Thanks

basic tart dough
1/2 cup butter
1 3oz cream cheese
1 cup flour
beat butter, cream cheese until smooth. Add flour; mix until a soft
dough forms. Cover, chill at least 1 hour.
shape dough into 1 inch balls. place ball of dough in mini muffin pan
press out...
Filling:
2 Tablespoons butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar