Dee Randall

Default rich, moist chocolate cake

I just got thru eating the Chocolate Death cake made from the recipe.

My comments:
It completely satisfied my chocolate desire -- much better than a couple
dozen Droste chocolates!

I did take a person's hint to put parchment paper on the bottom and it
turned out after 5 minutes ileft in the pan, onto the counter, beautifully.

With this recipe and my taste, I did not miss any frosting, as I don't
really care for frosting on a cake, only perhaps a little glaze
occasionally.

I followed directions to the letter. The only problem I had was I think I
overdid it on the eggs whipping to a stiff peak. They came out in 4"
squares like pieces of snow. I don't know when to stop on beating eggs in
the Kitchen Aid in a copper bowl. If I had beaten them by hand, perhaps I
would have been able to judge better.

I baked it 45 minutes. It had barely a dark line around the cake indicating
that it might have gone a little too long. My oven was 350 and it was
tested recently for accuracy using an oven thermometer.

The cake was too dry, but had the chocolate taste I desire. I'm thinking
that next time I will whip my eggs by hand, and perhaps bake it 40-43
minutes.

Thanks for this great recipe.
Dee

"Elitsirk" > wrote in message
om...
> Thank you for the very in-depth answer! This is just the sort of
> information I was looking for. I am looking forward to trying your
> recipe--it definitely looks intriguing
>
> --Elit.
>
> (Alex Rast) wrote in message

> > at Wed, 03 Dec 2003 21:52:56 GMT in
> > >,

> > (Elitsirk) wrote :
> >
> > >I've been on a hunt for a rich, moist chocolate cake recipe. At
> > >various restaurants, I've had rich, dark, moist cakes, but the closest
> > >home version I can find is a Duncan Hines devils' food cake.
> > >
> > >Does anyone have a from-scratch recipe?

> > This recipe is for the cake portion of "Chocolate Death", my ultimate
> > chocolate cake recipe that I posted some time back. It's hard to go

wrong