Herself

Default Peanuts:

jmcquown > wrote:

> What is it with kids and peanut allergies these days, anyway? When I was a
> kid you never heard about anyone having allergies to peanuts.

Yeah, I know. I've heard a lot of "well, *I* had peanut butter when I
was 3, and I'm fine". That's great for you, but my son has never had
peanut butter, and ain't no way he's getting it before he's five.

Theories abound. It goes from environmental factors (there's more crap
in the air---but there was worse crap in the air during the Industrial
Rev., perhaps they didn't have peanuts in the main countries then), to
genetics (if you are allergic to *anything*, your child has a 40% (?)
chance of being food allergic) to looking cross-eyed at a preg woman.

They've really spiked the last ten years...
--
'Tis Herself